Company Registration on Dubai Free Zones
Registering your company in Dubai Free Zone is a tempting thought. However, before exploring the possibilities of free zone areas in Dubai, or any other free zone for that matter, this article will show you the things you need to know when setting up a business in the said zones.
Free zone areas were designed to boost international business by providing 100% ownership to expatriates and are strategically located near seaports or airports across the emirates. The different free zones cater to all sorts of business activities.
If you want to start a business in the Dubai free zone areas, first, you need to consider what business activities will you be doing. It is one way to know what free zone will help your business maximize its full potential and flourish in terms of geographical advantage.
Below is a list of the free zone areas and their business activities in Dubai.
|Free Zone||Brief Description||Business Activities|
|One of the first UAE Free Zones||
|Dubai Multi Commodities Centre Free Zone or DMCC||4-year awardee of Global Free Zone of the Year||
|Dubai Media City||Launched in 2001 to establish Dubai as the region’s leading media hub||
|Dubai Internet City||Largest technological business community in the region||
|Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA)||Strategically located near Dubai International Airport||
|Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC)||Leading financial hub in the Middle East||
|Dubai South Free Zone||Host for Expo 2020||
Benefits of Opening Business in Free Zones
- Company formation offers 100% foreign ownership
- Limited taxes on personal and capital income
- For importing and exporting companies, free zone offers 0% taxes on goods
- No corporate taxes
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% free transfer of funds
- Inexpensive workforce and easy recruitment process
- Liberal labor laws
Limitations of Company Registration in Dubai Free Zone
- Restriction on doing business in Dubai or anywhere inside the country
- Free zone companies cannot do business in Dubai Mainland
- Office space is limited to the designated free zone areas
- Free zone companies cannot have a branch office. One needs to register a new company, different from the parent company.
Company registration in a free zone has its benefits and limitations, you just need to make sure that you have a planned business enterprise and a vision to maximize the benefits of the free zone area you chose.
If you’re still not sure what free zone area you want to invest in, contact Fairway Group now and talk to our consultants. We will help you decide which free zone is the best for your company registration. Contact us and get a free consultation at +971 4 3930058 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.